Long-Term and Extended Stays
There are times when families need to leave their pets for extended periods of time. I do try my best to accommodate such situations however, as people are booking quite far in advance, there are times when I am completely booked over the duration of a long-term stay. Long-term or extended stay is considered any stay over 30 days and is priced the same as regular boarding. If your stay is over 30 days, the billing starts again at Day 1.
If you are considering leaving your pet for an extended period of time, please read over the following terms and conditions. A printable version is available at the bottom of this page.
**PLEASE NOTE: I AM ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS FOR LONG-TERM STAYS ONLY IF ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR A SHORT-TERM "TRIAL STAY" FIRST**
(See #5 Terms & Conditions)
Terms and Conditions For Long-Term and Extended Stays
Subject to change without notice
- Long-term and extended stays are considered any stay over 30 consecutive days.
- Payment shall be made by post-dated cheques with the first two weeks paid in advance. Payments will continue every 2 weeks on the 1st and the 15th of each month. Rates are in accordance with the rate sheet provided.
- When booking on a monthly basis, the owner shall be responsible for payment for that entire month regardless if the animal leaves the property for short or extended periods of time. This is to ensure that your placement for your pet will be held and not rebooked by another client should you need to bring your pet back earlier than anticipated, otherwise you run the risk of losing your placement.
- You must either supply enough food for the duration of your petís stays or provide an additional living allowance for food and supplies for your pet.
- Even if you have never boarded your pet at Sammyís Pet Boarding before you are still obligated to fill out the questionnaire. It will be reviewed before your pet will be accepted on a long-term basis. I also require that all first-time long-term stays make arrangements for a short-term stay first. This will enable you, your pet and our facility to discover any issues prior to the long-term stay. I reserve the right to refuse any pet for long-term or short-term stays based on behavior or health problems.
- The annual waiver and this document must be signed and agreed upon before your pet will be boarded provided it has met with all other compliances (behavior/health etc).
- Paragraph 3 of the waiver regarding long-term stays and notice is in effect.
- All vaccination records must be presented before your animal will be accepted on a long-term basis. This should include all of the core vaccines, and the Bordetella or Kennel Cough vaccines.
- If you are boarding a male cat, the cat must be neutered if it is of age. If not, arrangements, consent and payment will need to be made for when the animal comes of age.
- It is recommended that your pet be spayed or neutered if you are planning on boarding at the kennels. Although we do try our best to avoid some situations, I cannot be responsible should your female dog become pregnant.
http://www.freewebs.com/sammyspetboarding/Terms and Conditions For Long Term and Extended Stays.doc